While Ford hasn’t announced the special feature that will be on their upcoming 2015 Mustang, sources at Ford, along with speculation among us auto enthusiasts is bringing us to believe that the 2015 Ford Mustang’s special feature will be burnout control. Yep, burnout control. Ford, we can do perfectly good burnouts on our own, without a special computer for it! Signed, auto enthusiasts around the world.
I’m sure that the burnout control feature, which has been confirmed by sources at Ford, will have the option of being fully disabled, just like traction control. Ford won’t give any clues as to how the burnout control feature will work, but here are some ideas of how it may work:
- A line lock on the front brakes (think NASCAR or F1 style), while simultaneously disabling traction control
- Taking the rev limiter off to get the engine speed up high enough for the perfect clutch dump, and then turning the rear tires into history!
- Holding the engine at a certain RPM for a matter of seconds before having the driver dump the clutch
Think of it as launch control for burnouts! Speaking of launch control, it will be on the 2015 Mustang as well! That way, you can do the perfect burnout and then do the perfect 1/4 mile. Who wouldn’t like that?
In addition to burnout control, you can expect to see a long list of high tech, exciting new features on the 2015 Mustang, including:
- Independent rear suspension
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot monitoring
- Front independent suspension
- Upgraded valves, cam, and cylinder heads
- New intake manifold
- 2.3-liter EcoBoost turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
- Standard 6-speed manual transmission (score for the purists!)
- Paddle shifters for the 6-speed automatic transmission
- Driver-adjustable stability
- Driver-adjustable steering
- Driver-adjustable throttle and transmission calibration
- Launch control
- SYNC with MyFord Touch
- Shaker Pro Audio system (previously optional on Mustang GT with Tech Package)
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Cross-traffic alert
- Better ergonomics
- Nicer leather
- More supportive seats
- Better styling inside and out!
All of that put together in a stylish, tidy package will do wonders with new buyers and purists of the Ford Mustang. Oh, did I mention that the 2015 Mustang’s launch coincided with the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang? All 2015 Ford Mustangs will have a Ford Mustang badge, as well as “Mustang, since 1965.” Life just doesn’t get much better than that! Have a Merry Christmas!